Chilly Date Frittata
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. The nutrition of our Chilly Date Frittata includes protein from the eggs and meat, as well as vitamins & minerals from the veggies. This soft flavourful dish is super special with our Chilly Date Wasabi Date Spread as it adds just the right chilly-sweet flavour. This menu is also so versatile, we love it for break fast but it's also best enjoyed during brunch, dinner or as a snack.
Try it today!
Ingredients (good for 2 serving)
- 1 Tablespoon Chilly Date - Wasabi Date Spread
- 3 eggs beaten with salt to taste
- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped into long slices
- 1/2 Tomato, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped slices
- 8 Slices Chicken/ Turkey/ Beef Mortadella (optional), 2 of the slices chopped to strips
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnish: Cherry Tomatoes, Thyme (Optional)
1. Pre-heat oven at 180 Deg. Celcius until you prep the frittata.
2. Heat Olive Oil in the pan and fry Onions till Light brown. Then add Tomatoes and Fry till lightly cooked.
3. Add Chilly Date Wasabi Date Spread to the pan along with a pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste and mix all the ingredients well.
4. Grease a small size loaf pan with Oil, Line it with parchment paper and place 6 Mortadella against the pan's inner walls making a cup on the inside of the pan to hold the Frittata ingredients.
5. Layer the diced ingredients on the mortadella, and add the 3 beaten eggs.
6. Add the Mortadella strips to the pan and put the pan in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. Poke the centre of the pan to check if the stick comes out clean. If yes, your frittata is ready to be served.
There you go, enjoy it fresh from the oven!