Chilly Date Risotto
Our Chilly Date Risotto recipe will make you crave for more! Made delicious with our Chilly Date Spiced Mint Date Spread (or also Basil Date Spread), this menu is perfect for summer chillin' days with a glass of cold wine!
Ingredients (good for 5 servings)
2 tbsp Chilly Date Spiced Mint Date Spread (or Basil Date Spread)
4 fist-full Risotto Rice
2 liters Fresh Vegetable Stock (can be replaced by Chicken Stock) Keep the pot on low burner while making the dish
2 medium sized onions, chopped fine
1 large tomato, chopped fine
1 teaspoon Chilly infused olive oil
1 Cup White Wine (optional)
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt, Pepper and Oregano to taste. Preferred Salt: pink or Himalayan
1. Add Olive Oil to saucepan and fry chopped Onion and Tomato until brown
2. Add Risotto Rice and let it all mix well
3. Add a ladle full of stock to the saucepan and mix all well on medium heat. As the rice starts to cook, the stock will be absorbed into the rice. Keep adding a ladle full as soon as the pan seems dry. This will help the rice cook. If you wish, now is the time to add wine so the rice is cooked in it.
4. After about 2-3 ladles of adding stock, add 2 tablespoons of Chilly Date Spread and mix all ingredients well.
5. Keeping adding the stock until the risotto is al dante (cooked so as to be still firm when bitten)
6. Now add your cup of Parmesan Cheese. Mix well, serve hot and don't forget to sprinkle some cheese on top!
Note: your risotto should be creamy (runny like molten chocolate) and not a sticky ball of rice!
There you go, ready for a cozy home date!