Your cart is currently empty.
Zer"o"Café, Date Seed Coffee Alternative: Health Benefits
Date Seed Quick Facts
Name: Date Seed
How to Eat?
A coffee-like product is made from date seeds by drying, roasting, and grinding them in a similar way to coffee beans, to produce caffeine-free coffee.
Traditional Medicinal Use:
The seed powder is an ingredient in a paste given to relieve ague (malaria or another illness involving fever and shivering).
- Date seed oil has been used to replace the portions of other vegetable oils in body creams, shampoos, and shaving soap formulations, and in general, the quality of these cosmetic formulations.
- Date seeds comprise up to 15% of the date fruit’s weight.
- The seeds contain a higher content of protein and fat compared to date ﬂesh.
- High content of dietary ﬁber and phenolics in date seeds makes them good ingredient for functional foods.
- Utilization of date seed in animal feed improves weight gain and feed efﬁciency.
- Date seeds can even be incorporated into necklaces.
- They can also be used as a source of oil.
- The seeds contain 6 to 8% of yellow-green, non-drying oil suitable for use in soap and cosmetic products.
- Seeds are burned to make charcoal for silversmiths.
To know more on Date Seed Health Benefits refer: https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/date-seed/